The Party

 The drums are beating a rhythm. 
We have been celebrating the new scholar year. Students gathered and started to make groups where each couple stood in a wide circle handing hand together with other couples. The singles stood in the middle of the circle making a smaller one as they were fewer in number and they all cheered and sang together with the tunes of the musical instrument, but still the drums were the strongest sound of all. Its beats were just like our heart beats screaming out loudly and full of youth. I was one of the singles who stood in the middle of the dance and suddenly I found my self alone in the core of the circle.The flame of the dance drove me away and the cheers kept me glowing as the fire of our excitement. I kept dancing song after song until the song that witnessed  both my love and my hurt started to play.I stood still anchored by my memories and my eyes toggled among other eyes surrounding me .They were asking me to go on dancing,but dancing at that moment seemed to be a punishment.The floor was like  a fire coated with a bed of nails.I had to dance on the same words that walked me to the death of my love.I had to re-live the memories with its bitterness and sorrow, and I did.
As long as the beat was going my tears kept on flowing to its rhythm.My friends stopped watching the steps of my memories waving to the floor,and as they stopped the rest followed.Then the music stopped  and, no one was dancing on the floor.
         Silence came. 
The Party was over, but my tears were not dried yet.    

المشاركات الشائعة